Content marketing in short is the process of promoting the content generated on your…
The Ultimate Guide to Inbound Marketing for Schools
The Ultimate Guide to Inbound Marketing for Schools
Marketing a school is no easy task—it takes time, energy, and a lot of creativity. But, with the right inbound marketing strategy, it is possible to reach and engage your target audience, generate leads, and convert them into customers.
In this guide, the School Agency will show you exactly how to create an effective inbound marketing strategy for your school—from planning to execution.
What Is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing is the process of attracting, converting, and closing leads through online marketing channels and content. It’s called inbound marketing for a reason—it’s all about bringing customers to you, rather than going out and finding them (that would be outbound marketing).
The inbound marketing methodology is built around the following four stages:
- Attract: Attract strangers and turn them into visitors with great content.
- Convert: Convert visitors into leads with effective calls-to-action.
- Close: Close on leads and turn them into customers with smart lead nurturing.
- Delight: Delight customers to turn them into promoters of your brand.
Inbound marketing is a comprehensive approach that covers all aspects of online marketing, from the initial planning stages to post-purchase follow-up. It’s a holistic approach that focuses on creating a complete customer experience, rather than just driving sales.
Why Is Inbound Marketing Important for Schools?
Schools have a unique challenge when it comes to marketing. They’re potentially selling to multiple audiences simultaneously, including:
Think about marketing to new families for a moment. There are almost always multiple audiences involved in the decision to attend a school: parents, guardians, and the students themselves.
Each audience has different needs and wants that need to be catered to. Inbound marketing is the perfect solution for this challenge because it allows you to create targeted content for each audience that makes them feel connected with your school.
How to Get Started with Inbound Marketing for Your School
Step One: Choose Your Mediums
Inbound marketing is all about content. But there are many types of content and many ways to distribute it. The first step is to choose the mediums that will work best for your school.
Some common inbound marketing mediums include:
- Images: People are visual creatures. Use images to grab attention and convey your message.
- Videos: Videos are possibly the most powerful way to connect with your audience.
- Text: Write blog posts, articles, or create e-books to provide valuable information to your audience.
Step Two: Choose Your Channels
Now that you’ve selected your mediums, it’s time to choose your channels. Channels are the ways in which you will distribute your content.
Some common inbound marketing channels include:
- Blogs: A blog is a great way to share detailed information about your school.
- Press Releases: Press releases are a great way to get exposure for your school and generate media coverage.
- Social Media: Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are perfect for sharing short snippets of information and connecting with your audience on a personal level.
- Email Newsletters: Email newsletters are a great way to keep your audience updated on all the latest news from your school. Plus, they’re easy to sign up for and most people check their email every day.
Step Three: Create Audience Personas
Before you start creating content, it’s important to understand who you’re creating it for. That’s where audience personas come in. An audience persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal “customer” (i.e., parents, students, staff, etc.).
It includes information like:
- Pain Points
Creating audience personas will help you create content that is relevant and engaging for your target audience.
Step Four: Match Audience Persons with Mediums and Channels
Not all mediums and channels will work for every audience persona. If you want to be successful with inbound marketing, you need to match the right mediums and channels with your audience persona—to “be where your audience is” so to speak.
Here are some general tips for figuring where that is:
- Use Common Sense: An informative blog post might be the perfect way to reach parents, but it will probably fail to catch the attention of children.
- Use Analytics Tools: Channel specific analytics can help you figure out which mediums and channels are being used most by your target audience.
- Hire a School Marketing Agency: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, there’s no shame in admitting that you need help. Hire a school marketing agency that specializes in inbound marketing and let them do the market research for you.
Step Five: Create Engaging Content
Now it’s time for the fun part—creating content! Remember, the key to creating great content is understanding what your audience wants and needs. Keep your audience personas in mind as you brainstorm ideas for blog posts, articles, videos, or whatever other type of content you’ve decided to create.
Some general tips for creating great content:
- Make it Visual: People are visual creatures. Use images, videos, and infographics to break up your text and make your content more engaging.
- Make it Interesting: No one wants to read a boring blog post. Write about topics that are interesting and relevant to your audience.
- Make it Useful: Provide value with your content. Teach your audience something new or help them solve a problem.
- Make it Shareable: Create content that is so good, people can’t help but share it with their friends and followers.
Step Six: Share Your Content
Now that you’ve created some amazing content, it’s time to share it with the world! Start by sharing your content on your school website and social media platforms. Then, encourage your staff and students to share it as well. The more people who see your content, the better.
Finally, don’t forget to measure your results. Use analytics tools to track how many people are viewing and interacting with your content. This will help you determine what’s working and what isn’t, so you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
How the School Agency Can Help
Hopefully, this guide has given you a better understanding of how inbound marketing works and how it can benefit your school.
If you’re interested in implementing an inbound marketing strategy but don’t have the time or resources to do it yourself, the School Agency is here to help.
We have a team of experienced school marketing professionals who can help you with everything from market research to content creation to lead generation.
Contact us today to learn more about our school marketing services and how we can help your school succeed.
Thanks for checking out my blog post! Please leave a comment below.
If you would like to get alerts and updates when new eBooks and Blogs are published please subscribe
by clicking on the link below and entering your name and e-mail address.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly blog news
Based in Dubai for over 10years, Peter Caush is the founder of TheSchoolAgency.com.
A trusted authority on digital marketing Peter is passionate about helping SME’s grow their business in the Gulf region.
When he’s not in the office Peter enjoys playing squash, often more times than his knees can cope.
At TheSchoolAgency.com we have been around long enough to realize the importance of good report writing, research, and design. A thoroughly planned and executed marketing strategy will work everytime.
In the 10 years of service, TheSchoolAgency.com. has managed to adapt to changes in both the global and local corporate landscape in the United Arab Emirates.
Tags:blog articles on private school marketing