Online brand building and Digital Marketing for Schools in 2019 School Marketing Campaign and launch…
How Content Marketing for schools Can Drive Traffic To Your Website
Content marketing in short is the process of promoting the content generated on your webpages and social media accounts. In today’s day and age, you’d be hard-pressed to find a private school without a website—and for good reason. Your school’s website is a hub for information, marketing materials, and resources with the power to build strong relationships with your target audience. With a content strategy your schools webpages can act as platform to deliver engaging content. Quality content that is actively marketed is referred to as content marketing. There’s one condition, though. It needs to reach your target audience.
In this guide, the School Agency team will be discussing Content marketing—what it is and how it can help drive organic traffic to your school website. We’ll also be giving you some actionable tips to help you put together an effective content marketing strategy.
Ready? Let’s get started!
What Is Content marketing for schools?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience—and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
In simpler terms, content marketing is all about using quality content to attract your target audience and inspire them to take an action (e.g., signing up for your school’s newsletter or enrolling).
Content marketing uses a variety of channels and mediums to achieve its objectives, including:
- Organic Search (e.g., blog posts, case studies, etc.)
- Email Marketing (e.g., e-newsletters, blog subscription emails)
- Social Media (e.g., Facebook posts, Instagram photos, etc.)
As you can see, content marketing isn’t just about blog posts and articles—it’s an all-encompassing strategy that can be used across a variety of channels to reach your target audience.
Why Is Content Marketing Important For Schools?
Content marketing is critical for schools because it helps you reach your target audience organically—that is, without having to pay for advertising.
Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for. The majority of web traffic is organic, which means that most people find websites through search engines like Google, social media platforms like Facebook, or other channels like email.
In order to generate organic traffic, your school’s website needs to rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs). And the best way to do that is by publishing high-quality, keyword-optimized content.
Not only will content marketing help you reach your target audience organically, but it will also help you build trust and credibility with your audience. After all, the more informative and helpful your content is, the more likely people are to see you as a credible source of information—which, in turn, can lead to more website visitors and, ultimately, more enrollees.
Actionable Tips For Effective Content Marketing
Now that we’ve gone over what content marketing is and why it’s important for schools, let’s take a look at some actionable tips you can use to put together an effective content marketing strategy.
1. Define Your Target Audience
The first step in any content marketing strategy is to define your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your content?
Think about the following:
- What are their demographics? (e.g., age, gender, location)
- What are their interests?
- What are their needs?
- What are their pain points?
By taking the time to answer these questions, you’ll be able to create content that’s tailored to your target audience—content that’s more likely to resonate with them and inspire them to take action.
2. Set Your Goals
The next step is to set your goals. What do you want to achieve with your content marketing strategy? Do you want to increase brand awareness? Drive traffic to your website? Increase enrollment rates?
It’s important to set realistic goals that you can actually achieve. Once you’ve set your goals, you’ll be able to create a content strategy that’s aligned with them.
3. Create A Content Calendar
Once you know who you’re trying to reach and what you want to achieve, it’s time to start creating content. But before you start writing blog posts or shooting videos, it’s important to create a content calendar.
A content calendar is a tool that will help you plan, schedule, and publish your content. It will keep you organized and on track, and it will ensure that your content is consistent and cohesive.
When creating your content calendar, be sure to consider the following:
- What type of content will you create? (e.g., blog posts, articles, videos, infographics)
- When will you publish your content? (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
- Where will you publish your content? (e.g., your website, social media platforms)
4. Write Compelling Copy
Once you’ve created a content calendar, it’s time to start writing—and that means creating compelling copy. After all, the better your copy is, the more likely people are to engage with your content.
Here are a few tips for writing compelling copy:
- Keep it simple and easy to read. Use short sentences and clear language.
- Make it scannable. Use headlines, sub-headlines, and bullet points.
- Use powerful words. Use words that evoke emotion and inspire action.
- Tell a story. People love stories, so try to weave one into your copy.
5. Optimize Your Content For SEO
If you want your content to rank high in search engine results pages, you need to optimize it for SEO. That means using the right keywords and phrases, as well as creating titles and descriptions that are compelling and click-worthy.
Here are a few tips for optimizing your content for SEO:
- Do your research. Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner to find the right keywords to use in your content.
- Include keywords naturally. Don’t stuff your keywords—use them in a way that sounds natural and flows well.
- Create catchy titles. Write headlines that are attention-grabbing and make people want to click.
- Use metadata. Improve your click-through rate with compelling meta descriptions.
6. Promote and market Your Content
Once you’ve created your content, it’s time to start promoting it. After all, what good is great content if no one ever sees it?
There are a number of ways you can promote your content, including:
- Social media: Share your content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Email marketing: Send your blog posts and articles to your email list.
7. When In Doubt, Work With a Professional
Content marketing isn’t easy. It’s a long-term strategy that requires a lot of planning, creation, and promotion. If you’re not sure where to start, or if you need help staying on track, consider working with an agency that specializes in marketing for schools.
At the School Agency, we’ve helped schools across the UAE increase their enrollment rates with our proven content marketing strategies. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your marketing goals.
If you’re looking for ways to increase traffic to your school website, content marketing is a great place to start. By creating blog posts, articles, and videos that are relevant to your target audience
Tags:blog articles on private school marketing